Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our 2013 in pictures

Blogging the other day was so much fun I decided to do it again! I thought I'd make some kind of year in review thing. No weighty resolutions, nothing fancy - just a buttload of pictures of memorable things that happened in 2013. But some funny things first...

A friend sent this to me from this fun blog. I died. Because everyone loves grammarrrrtically correct pirates.


Don't you hate it when Michael Buble messes with your presents?


And now. Lots of fun things happened this past year that I didn't have my camera handy for, such as when we went to Lagoon and I decided to put my phone in a locker after it fell out of my pocket on a roller coaster (thank goodness it was picked up by a park employee). Most of the time, however, I obnoxiously have my phone on hand to get lots of embarrassing pictures.

Like when I had too many kids to fit on the church steps on Easter.


Or when the kids did weird things at a museum.


We found strange but friendly livestock in our neighborhood.


And snakes!


Someone finally got a job and made something of her life.


And someone got really weird outside the mall.


I turned the big 4-0...


And we had a couple other important birthdays. :)



The cats discovered they're comfortable to sit on.


And I discovered a pretty (but uncomfortable) couch for $16 at Savers!


I lost weight (but not too much).


The girls freaked out over meeting this famous YouTuber in Salt Lake City (same time as the Lagoon trip), mostly known for his hilarious life stories.


We went on a midnight hike and picnic in the desert...


And brought home a cool pet!


Some of us suffered horrendous injuries.



And Emily kind of went insane or something.


We got lost in a lot of corn mazes. I mean A LOT. I didn't know there was so much corn in Idaho, I thought it was supposed to be potatoes?


And we geeked out over some pretty awesome movies.


All in all, 2013 was a pretty good year, and I'm excited to see what 2014 will bring!

While I was looking up a good Olan Rogers video to link to, I found this new video he posted about his Eat A Slice With Me tour. Wow. He's just an amazing guy. Apparently our part of the tour was a bit of a turning point for him, which he starts mentioning about four minutes in, and there are clips of the hours-long line we stood in. Worth every minute.



And now I'd better stop procrastinating on an assignment that's due in the morning! Have a wonderful, happy new year, all you nice peeps. :)


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back to posting. You are just so much fun. I lovee you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one can say you guys don't know how to live!! Fab photos. You're the third person I know who's turned 40 in 2013, apart from my niece and my best friend :D Though you don't look it, and you definitely do not look old enough to have a 20-year-old!!

    Finally, I now know why pirates say 'Arrr' all the time!

    Wishing you an ecstatically magical 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of Olan Rogers until I watched that clip. I have a pretty bad cold so I practically choked to death laughing. that butt picture...*wipes eyes*

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel like I have friends. :)