Saturday, February 8, 2014

Blog blog noodle noodle

So at the beginning of January, I got excited about finishing Cobalt and all the other positive changes that are happening in our lives, so I got bold and tempted fate with a Facebook status update guaranteed to induce an epic fail:


Sure enough, within a couple of days, the epic fail showed up like this:


The van was totaled, and now I'm stuck at home with a serious case of cabin fever. I hate losing my independence! Plus, it was my mom's van I broke. :( She's just glad we're all okay.

I'm not one to be daunted, however. Cobalt's rewriting is going well, I've lost six pounds, and I'm gaining all kinds of editing experience with my new work responsibilities. And I narrowly avoided another fail by deciding to keep my phone's insurance when I was in the AT&T store a couple weeks ago trying to get my bill reduced. The very next day, my smartphone decided to derp out. So my insurance mostly covered a shiny new Android without requiring a new contract or anything.

On the subject of fails, texting fails are some of my favorites. I've had a few good ones, like this one when I was apparently sleep-texting Emily:

All I remember about this is that I actually thought I was answering her question when she was reading Cobalt.

Another good one:



Here, Anya got ahold of my new phone.

Autocorrect struggles are my very favorite kind:


I had a lot more like those saved on my old phone, but they were forever lost when it died.

Now it's time to take care of my procrastinating fail, I guess, and start working on my legal articles!


1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your van! But you're mom is right, you guys being okay is what matters most. So glad to hear you haven't given up on Cobalt. You're such a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me feel like I have friends. :)